"BALANCED HORMONES ARE ESSENTIAL FOR
THE HEALTH OF ALL WOMEN"
Joanne is passionate about restoring hormone balance in women so they can live rich, vibrant, fulfilling lives.
BALANCING YOUR HORMONES CAN PROVIDE MANY BENEFITS INCLUDING
- More energy!
- Quality sleep
- No more PMS mood swings!
- Less bloating and fluid retention
- Weight loss
- No more breast tenderness
- No more headaches
- Glowing skin (no more acne!)
- No more hot flushes and night sweats
COMMON HORMONAL CONDITIONS TREATED
- Heavy periods
- Painful periods
- Irregular periods
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
HOW MY PRACTICE CAN HELP SUPPORT YOUR HORMONE HEALTH
1. Identify the cause of your hormone imbalance
Many women are at a loss as to why they are suffering from hormonal issues when their hormone blood tests are in range. This is because blood hormones are only one part of the picture. What needs to be established is how well the body is able to make and then detoxify hormones.
Some of the most common reasons for hormonal imbalances are:
- Excessive weight gain or weight loss
- Insulin resistance
- Excessive exercise
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Gut issues
- Histamine intolerance
- MTHFR & Methylation
2. Refer for the right tests!
Doing the right tests is important to identify the causes of hormonal imbalance. We use the following blood tests to help assess each individual patient:
- Full blood Count
- Lipid studies
- Iron studies
- RBC folate
- Active B12
- Fasting homocysteine
- Vitamin D
- Day 2 hormones (FSH, LH, oestrogen, prolactin, SHBG, androstenedione, free androgen index, calculated free and total testosterone)
- Day 21 progesterone
We also use the following functional medicine tests
- SIBO Test
- Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis
- Complete Microbiome Mapping
- DUTCH Hormones Test
- Organic Acids Test
Please note, not every patient needs to get these tests done. Often signs and symptoms clearly indicate the cause of hormonal imbalance. You will be advised if you require any testing at your initial consultation.
3. Prescribe the right supplements
With so many supplements on the market, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and confused. Having treated hundreds of patients with hormonal imbalance and related symptoms, Joanne has identified the supplements that really work to provide positive results for her patients.
To treat hormonal imbalance, Joanne uses a combination of dietary changes, supplements, and herbal medicine.