"HISTAMINE IS THE HIDDEN CAUSE OF MANY HEALTH ISSUES
IT’S COMMON AND OFTEN UNDIAGNOSED"
Joanne has a special interest in this area, having successfully treated hundreds of patients with chronic health issues driven by histamine. Identifying and treating histamine intolerance is essential for overall health.
You likely have histamine intolerance if:
- You have eczema, itchy skin, red skin or hives
- You have headaches or migraines
- You suffer from recurrent hayfever/sinusitis
- You have the MTHFR gene mutation
- You have SIBO
- You have gut issues
- You have oestrogen dominance (heavy periods, painful periods, sore breasts, PMS mood swings)
- You are in peri-menopause
- You can’t tolerate high histamine foods (chocolate, alcohol, caffeine, fermented foods, tomatoes)
- You have mould illness and /or oxalate toxicity
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HIGH HISTAMINE
- Abdominal pain
- Itchy eyes, ears, nose, throat
- Heart palpitations
- Shortness of breath
- Worsening of any of these symptoms at ovulation or premenstrually
HOW WE HELP ALLEVIATE HISTAMINE SYMPTOMS
1. Identify the cause of your histamine intolerance
Having worked with hundreds of patients with histamine symptoms, Joanne has identified 3 major causes of histamine intolerance which are:
- Gut issues (SIBO, IBS, candida, parasites, oxalates, digestive enzyme insufficiency, antibiotic use, gluten intolerance, and stress).
- Hormonal imbalances (high oestrogen or oestrogen dominance, low progesterone, peri-menopause, menopause).
- MTHFR & Methylation issues (methylation breaks down histamine in the brain. Gut issues can lead to a deficiency in the nutrients required for methylation including protein, Vitamin B12, folate Vitamin B6, zinc and choline.
- Mould illness and oxalate toxicity
2. Refer to the right tests!
Doing the right tests is important to identify the cause of histamine intolerance.
The following functional medicine tests are used:
- SIBO Test
- Comprehensive Digestive
- Stool Analysis
- Complete Microbiome Mapping
- DUTCH Hormones Test
- Organic Acids Test
3. Prescribe the right supplements
With so many supplements on the market, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and confused. Having treated hundreds of patients with histamine intolerance, gut issues, hormonal imbalances and methylation issues, Joanne has identified the supplements that really work to provide positive results for her patients.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Check out my Podcast with The Integrative Duo